THE BULLETIN BOARD
First Quarter 2018[March 14th]
A secret ballot election for the offices of Maintenance Division Director and for Trustee D is being conducted by mail. Ballots for this election are being mailed to members' last known address on March 26, 2018. Any eligible member who has not received a ballot in the mail at home by April 2, 2018, or any member that spoils a ballot, may request a duplicate ballot by contacting the local office at 412-321-4700. Arrangements will be made for you to receive a duplicate ballot. If you request a duplicate ballot, only the duplicate ballot will be counted.
IMPORTANT: Mail your ballot in sufficient time for it to be received at the Post Office by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18, 2018. Ballots will be collected and tallied in the Letter Carrier's Hall, 841 California Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 and results will be announced that evening, at that location, at the 7:30 p.m. Membership Meeting.
The following members-in-good standing accepted nomination for office:
Maintenance Division Director
The following members-in-good standing are running unopposed for office:
- President - Chuck Pugar
- Executive Vice-President - Bill Jones
- Secretary-Treasurer - Bob Montana
- Recording Secretary - Charlotte Richards
- Clerk Division Director - Drew Sidick
- MVS Division Director - William Weisser
- Trustee A - Antoine Gibson
- Trustee B - Mark Schaefer
- Trustee C - Gary Meehan
Local Nominations Notice!
The February Membership Meeting will hold nominations for union officers. The Judge of Elections and Board of Tellers will be decided.
To be eligible for nomination and run for office you must:
- Be a member in good standing since April 2017.
- Either be present at the Meeting to be nominated and accept nomination, or have previously submitted a letter to the recording secretary at our HQ address above indicating nomination and/or acceptance.
- Not run for more than one office.
- If applicable, withdraw any application to an EAS position with responsibility for issuing or recommending discipline or for applying or interpreting the National Agreement prior to acceptance of nomination for any office.
- Not have a criminal conviction which would prohibit one from serving as an officer of PMAPWU under LMRDA, 29 U.S.C. Section 504.
Patrick McShane Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to current graduating high school senior or college undergraduate whose parent or legal guardian is a current active member in PMAPWU. Four names will be selected.
- Type: Academic Scholarship
- Current graduating high school senior or college undergraduate whose parent or legal guardian is a current active member in PMAPWU, AFL-CIO per established rules set forth by the Scholarship Committee.
- A posting to all the station/branches and AO offices will be going out this month.
- Deadline to apply is May 19, 2018.
- Contact PMAPWU at 412-321-4700 for more information and an application.
- Download a PDF application and mail it in.
Other scholarships available include the EC Hallbeck Scholarship Program (2018), the Vocational Scholarship Program (2018), and the Best Essay Award (a onetime $2,000 payment toward 4-year college tuition.)
March 31, 2018 is the deadline for the APWU to receive completed applications. Applications can be downloaded at www.apwu.org/issues/scholarships.
John T. Boxler Scholarship 2018. Deadline is May 1, 2018, and you can get all the details from www.ppwu.org/scholarship.htm
Use our Search function to look up further back-issues of the Bulletin Board.